Saturday, March 24, 2007

Snowies

This is my favorite cereal in the Middle East...Poppins Snowies, Sugar Coated Cornflakes! It has so much fiber that I am guaranteed a BM in the PM, if I eat it in the AM. The cereal is produced in Lebanon and congeals in my intestines like concrete, so that when it comes out...WOW!

Here are some interesting serving suggestions for Snowies.

Warm milk in Snowies Frosted Flakes???...YEECH! Heck yeah, it better be cold if you are going to serve it to me!

Also, if you were concerned about the ingredients.

Why is this on the box? Remember, Muslims can't eat pork. So they need to inform people that the cornflakes weren't cooked in pig fat. Also, like with candy bars (think Twix and Snickers made with the same machinery and someone with peanut allegeries and you get the idea), they need to tell people that this cereal wasn't made with the same machines used to make pork products. But then again, have you ever heard of "Piggies", the pig flavored cereal...neither have I.

From dating a wonderful Jewish woman who loved to cook, I learned that in the US many items have symbols for Kosher (K) and Parve (circled U) according to keeping kosher in Jewish law.

One last thought, Snowies mascot is a penguin...get it sugar coated (ie. frosted)...get it... frost...cold...snow...penguins.

No comments: