Saturday, June 18, 2011

God or the World keeps reminding me that I should have visited Amsterdam when I had the chance in 2005.

Back in 2005 when I was moving from the US to Qatar, I took KLM airlines which gave me an 18 hour layover at Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam.

I should have left the first-class lounge and taken a day trip to Amsterdam.

The problem was that I was carrying my carry-on bag and my computer.

I never asked if I could keep my bags in the first-class lounge.

I also saw that the airport had lockers, but I didn't have any Euro's to use for the lockers and I didn't think to exchange US dollars for Euro's.

Anyways, I was exhausted from the weeks leading up to the move, so I decided to sleep in the first-class lounge.

I have regretted ever since not getting out of the airport and taking a day trip. The airport even had services that would allow you to take day trips from the airport.

Every once in a while, something, like this receipt, for book recommendations from Barnes and Noble, comes up to remind me that I missed out on a side trip to Amsterdam.

If I was to plan a trip there now, it would be expensive, but I definitely want to see Amsterdam at some point in my life.

For now, I just have God or the World to remind me that I once had the chance.

No comments: