Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Gin and Coconut

Usually, I don't like coconut treats, but my pantry was pretty bare last night and I was too lazy to go to the corner market, so last night I had a Gin and Tonic with a "refrigerator-chilled" milk chocolate Bounty Candy Bar that I had left over from a candy bar variety pack and to my suprise the combination was good...try it...if you can.

According to Wikipedia, "although Mars is an American company, Bounty bars have not been available in the United States since the mid-1990s due to competition with Almond Joy and Mounds."

If in the US, substitute Almond Joy or Mounds...but I am not a big fan of almonds either...so for me it would be Mounds...HUHUHUH...mounds.

Also, Mounds are dark chocolate and Almond Joy is milk chocolate. I had the Bounty with the blue wrapper which is the milk chocolate variety. The dark chocolate Bounty comes in a red wrapper.

So if you want milk chocolate coconut without the almond and you are in the US, bite into an Almond Joy and spit out the almond...if you have had several gin and tonics this could get messy or fun, or both.

No comments: