Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Commonwealth of Virginia 1 State of Qatar 0


After three months and 2 and a half hours of waiting and arguing I now have a Qatar drivers license to drive a car AND a motorcycle.

It is valid for 5 years, so I won't have to go through this again for awhile.

I had to show the office drone my drivers record, my license, my vehicle insurance, and the web site that explained how to ADD a M desigantion to three people. I got rejected three times in one day before they finally relented. Hussein, the HR person with me who translated in Arabic and helped me through the process, said they gave in because they didn't want to listen to me argue anymore AND because I had brought more forms then they had ever seen from one person.

Commonwealth of Virginia 1 State of Qatar 0

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is probably about the same as a resident alien has to go through in Virginia. I'm sure they did not discriminate because you were American.

Anonymous said...

Well its about time, but I would quention the appearance of this individual. perhaps a bribe would have work with me Top dollars buddy.

Anonymous said...

More forms in person than anyone before? Shouldn't confetti have fallen from the ceiling while sirens went off illustrating your imminent victory!

YAY!