Thursday, December 14, 2006

I Crash Better Than Anyone I Know.

I was in my first car crash here in Qatar.

I was driving along a main road and a Qatari woman (she was wearing an abaya) came from a side street (not stopping or yielding) and clipped by back bumper at an angle. I tried to swerve, but she hit my back bumper in such a way that it caused me to go into a uncontrolable spin.

My car spun into a construction site BACKWARDS. The car has a dent where she hit me.

Most of the damage was caused when I crashed into the construction site's white aluminum fence, cinder blocks, wood pile, and copper tubing.





Below is what the wall and cinder blocks, wood pile, and copper tubing looked like after I crashed into them.

I am OK, the car is driveable, although the front left tire blew, either by the swerving or running over debris in the construction site.

The Qatari woman is OK. Her front license plate was a crumpled. She had a cell phone earpiece microphone in her ear, so I am guessing she wasn't paying attention to the road because she was talking on her cell phone.

My car is a lease and the police determined that it was her fault, so my leasing agency will have to do all the running around to get my car fixed.

I am fine, but let me tell you, this was the most fun in Qatar I have had so far.

No comments: